Moving safely and effectively are the most key components in order to maximize your kettlebell lifting experience. Before moving on to any other movements, beginners should master the Big Three beginner movements to build a strong fundamental base for effective kettlebell workouts. You will be coached through:
- Kettlebell Deadlift
- Kettlebell Squat
- Kettlebell Swing
In order to get the most out of your kettlebell workouts, cover the foundational movements of kettlebell lifting with one of our expert trainers to walk you through your strengths and weaknesses.
Our expert trainers have created a three step process for you to begin moving safely and effectively with kettlebells. After watching each step, submit a video of yourself performing the prescribed movements and our trainers will provide you critical feedback about how to move better in your workouts. Follow these easy steps:
- Enroll in Form Check #1 today and receive access to our thorough written and verbal cues for correct performance
- Submit videos of yourself performing 3 movements for evaluation
- Our certified trainers will review each movement you submit and provide you with key correction and feedback for each movement so you can move safely and effectively!
We cannot stress enough, the importance of knowing how to safely and effectively move with a kettlebell for workout maximization. Our expert trainers have created a three step process for you to begin moving safely and effectively with kettlebells. After watching each step, submit a video of yourself performing the prescribed movements and our trainers will provide you critical feedback about how to move better in your workouts.
These are sample demonstrations of each movement, when you enroll you will receive full length demonstrations with written and verbal cues:
About your trainer (pictured above). Brittany van Schravendijk is a professional level Kettlebell Sport athlete and NSCA-CSCS based in San Diego, CA. She specializes in Kettlebell Sport coaching, functional fitness, and sport specific training.
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA-CSCS)
- BS in Engineering from UC Berkeley
- Head coach of Kettlebell Sport at KOR Strength & Conditioning
- WAKSC World Champion in 2x24kg Long Cycle
- World & National Record Holder
- 7x Master of Sport
- Silver medalist at the IUKL World Championships 2013
- Ketacademy Level 3 Coach
- Ice Chamber Kettlebell Team member & coach 2011-2014
- StrongFirst Level 1 Instructor
- USA Track & Field Coach Level 1
Brittany holds numerous World and National records.
Kettlebell Sport personal records:
2x24kg Long Cycle – 52
2x20kg Long Cycle – 79
2x20kg Biathlon – 158.5
2x20kg 5′ Triathlon – 309
2x16kg Long Cycle – 107
24kg Long Cycle – 101
24kg Biathlon – 210
24kg Snatch – 92
20kg Snatch – 180